Python 2.6 and Sqlite3 - Slow

bruceg113355 at gmail.com bruceg113355 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:23:31 EDT 2012

My program uses Python 2.6 and Sqlite3 and connects to a network database 100 miles away.
My program reads approx 60 records (4000 bytes) from a Sqlite database in less than a second.
Each time the user requests data, my program can continuously read 60 records in less than a second.
However, if I access the network drive  (e.g.  DOS command DIR /S)  while my program is running, my program takes 20 seconds to read the same 60 records. If I restart my program, my program once again takes less than a second to read 60 records.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bruce