proper reply format [was Re: help with simple print statement!]

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Aug 24 16:31:09 EDT 2012

Prasad, Ramit wrote:
> Willem Krayenhoff
> Any idea why print isn't working here?
>
> I tried restarting my Command prompt.  Also, print doesn't work inside a class.

Ramit,

The standard for attribution is something along the lines of:

Prasad, Ramit wrote:

or

Willem Kayenhoff wrote:

Just having Willem's name at the top was confusing.  Also, because you
didn't trim his signature, the rest of your reply looked like a
signature to Thunderbird (which uses a line of '--' to figure the start
of signatures).  As you can see, the rest of your post was trimmed away
as signature lines when I hit Reply.

~Ethan~