Crashes always on Windows 7

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 18 02:26:33 EDT 2012

On 8/17/2012 11:09 PM, zmagic11 at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Hi, sorry for the confusion. Yes, I meant ActiveState
> ActivePython. It worked fine for a few hours and now every time I
> open up the IDLE Shell, it opens fine. Then when I try to open a
> previously made file, the shell immediately closes and nothing else
> happens.

> When I enter Python in the command line, I get the
> ActivePython information.

Being specific is really important. The subject line is slightly
misleading. Python is working fine for you. Idle is too. I *suspect* you
are trying to open via a Library or Favorite. There is a known issue
that this does not work on Win 7 and it seems to be a bug in tcl/tk or
Windows that we have no control or responsibility for. Opening via a
normal directory works fine. If the above is *not* what you are doing,
please be exactly specific.

--
Terry Jan Reedy