Communication between C++ server and Python app

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Apr 28 22:05:25 EDT 2012

In article
<108cb846-6bb9-4600-a984-2fded0c919bd at er9g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
 kenk <marcin.maksymiuk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a server process written in C++ running on Unix machine.
> On the same box I'd like to run multiple Python scripts that will
> communicate with this server.
>
> Can you please suggest what would be best was to achieve this ?

There are so many reasonable answers, it's hard to know where to start.
Perhaps if you could give us some clue as to what the server does, it
might help.

What kind of data are you passing back and forth?  Text?  Binary?  Is it
important that the communication be as efficient as possible, or is it
more important that the code be easy to write?  Are you worried about
security?  Will you ever need to interoperate with other systems written
in other languages?