python module

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Apr 16 19:23:16 EDT 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:23:14 +0200, Kiuhnm wrote:

> I'd like to share a module of mine with the Python community. I'd like
> to encourage bug reports, suggestions, etc... Where should I upload it
> to?
>
> Kiuhnm

PyPI, unofficially known as the cheeseshop, is the semi-official place
for third-party libraries.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi

Some people are satisfied with just hosting their library on PyPI, but
for those who want extras like a mailing list, VCS, a wiki, etc., you may
find other resources useful:

Google Code Hosting and Github offer distributed version control: Google
provides mercurial and subversion support, Github provides git support.

Google Code also provides bug tracking and a wiki.

SourceForge is another popular choice.

Google Groups and Yahoo Groups are popular choices for mailing lists.

Or you can manage these extra resources yourself, if you have your own
server.

Wherever you host the code itself, you should also register it on PyPI.

--
Steven