f python?

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 20:04:15 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>        The main reason, as I recall, for the command line using \ for file
> paths is that it inherited / as command OPTION prefix from CP/M; MS-DOS
> being a 32-bit work-alike for CP/M in the first generation.
 I also thought it was because Bill Gates used a PDP-11 in high school
and DEC used the / as command OPTION
I found out later that Gates purchased DOS rather than wrote it, so
this story may be erroneous. Nevertheless, at the time, DEC was way
bigger than AT&T (in computers) and the choice really wasn't
surprising.