Distribute app without source?

Sat Apr 7 15:59:03 EDT 2012

On Apr 7, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 4/7/2012 9:07 AM, Bill Felton wrote:
>> Thanks in advance for any insights!
>>
>> My partner and I have developed an application primarily
> > intended for internal use within our company.  However, we face the
> > need  to expose the app to certain non-employees.
>> We would like to do so without exposing our source code.
>
> To really do that, make it a web service, so the code only lives on your server. That also takes care of

That's not really an alternative for us, for a variety of reasons.  It's not clear at the moment if it would
ever be an alternative, given our app and its structure and intended use.

As recommended elsewhere in this thread, cx_freeze seems likely to do us some good.
Initial testing has been fairly positive, although there are still some issues we're wrestling with.
If those continue, I'll post questions to the cx_freeze list.

Thanks everyone.

regards,
Bill