Motion Tracking with Python

Derek Simkowiak derek at simkowiak.net
Fri Sep 30 14:42:57 EDT 2011

 > /I am having problems with getting data from the CCD (basically i
don't know how to do it :), can you give me a tip for doing this? Or
explain how you did it please?/

     I am using the OpenCV library to grab images.  Here are the
specific lines of code:

self.capture = cv.CaptureFromCAM(0)cv.SetCaptureProperty( self.capture,
cv.CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_WIDTH, 320 );cv.SetCaptureProperty( self.capture,
cv.CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_HEIGHT, 240 );frame = cv.QueryFrame(self.capture) #
...this is done repeatedly in the main loop.

     These were copied from the examples that came with OpenCV.  I don't
know if this will work under Windows.

     The source code to my script is available online; I recommend
downloading it and playing with it.  Also, check out the OpenCV Python
documentation.

Thanks,
Derek