Motion Tracking with Python

Ricardo Mansilla rick.mansilla at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:06:42 EDT 2011

On Thursday 29 September 2011 21:16:52 you wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a neat Python project I'd like to share. It does real-time motion
> tracking, using the Python bindings to the OpenCV library:
>
> http://derek.simkowiak.net/motion-tracking-with-python/
>
> There is a YouTube video showing the script in action.
>
> It's especially neat because my daughter and I worked together on this
> project. We used it to track her two pet gerbils, as part of her science
> fair project. She wrote her own (separate) Python script to read the
> motion tracking log files, compute distance and velocity, and then
> export those values in a CSV file. Like I say on the web page: "I’m
> convinced that Python is the best language currently available for
> teaching kids how to program."
>
> I also use Python professionally, and it's worked out great every time.
> There's no job Python can't handle.
>

> Thanks,
> Derek Simkowiak
> http://derek.simkowiak.net

Hi, this is awesome!!
 I'm currently working in something similar, but I am having problems with
getting data from the CCD (basically i don't know how to do it :), can you
give me a tip for doing this? Or explain how you did it please?
I not a newbie at python but not as experienced as evidently you are.
Thanks a lot in advance.

--
(...)Also, since that same law states that any system able to prove its
consistency to itself must be inconsistent; any mind that believes it can