Suggested coding style

Westley Martínez anikom15 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 02:14:21 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 07:07:28PM -0400, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
> > However, as you use the new format method you will come to appreciate
> > it. It's an adult beverage with an acquired taste. ;-)
>
> Yeah. It's a much more difficult to read thing, but once you learn how
> to write it it flows faster.
>
> Of course, I never managed to learn how to write it...
>
> I would suggest that rather than being "complicated" it is "dense".

I'm one of the weirdos who is absolutely hostile to the format method
and continues to use % formatting.  I'm pretty sure it is because of my
C background (actually I learned Python before C, and thus learned %
formatting in Python).  However, I'm not so opposed to it that I've not
learned it.  It is quite "dense", almost feels like something in a
scripting language like Perl.  Indeed, I did try it for some time, but
it was just too "heavy" and slow for me.  Well someday I'll probably be
forced to use it, but for anyone else who agrees with me, always know
there's at least one Python programmer out there with some (or no)
sense.