Installing Python 2.6.7 on Windows

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:27:43 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 19:10, Nobody <nobody at nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:21:25 -0700, Ned Deily wrote:
>
> > No, it was a deliberate decision.  After a release is in security-fix
> > mode only, we don't build Windows or Mac OS X installers for them.
>
> But you continue to offer the installers for the unfixed version.

No one would use Python if we literally forced everyone to upgrade based on
our schedule by removing any trace of previous installers.

Also, "unfixed" is relative. You're only vulnerable if you're using urllib
to request resources which may end up being 302 redirected. I personally
don't need that fix, so 2.6.6 would be alright with me.