Need Windows user / developer to help with Pynguin

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:01:42 EDT 2011

On 10/29/2011 9:43 AM, Lee Harr wrote:
> So, windows now creates the dummy folder automatically?
That is the default choice, but users are given a prompt to choose an
arbitrary directory. Note that this only applies to the ZIP extractor in
Explorer; other archive programs have their own behavior. I agree with
you on having a top-level directory in an archive, but MS figures users
are more likely to be annoyed with files scattered around the current
directory than a nested directory. Unfortunately, many archives out in
the wild have a top-level directory while many others don't, so one can
rarely ever be certain how a given archive is organized without opening it.

> Is the problem that the .zip has the same name (minus the extension)?
Not at all.

> Just out of curiosity, what happens if you double-click the
> README sans .txt? Does it make you choose which app to open with?
Typically, that is the case because files without extensions are not
registered by default.

--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640 | Thunderbird 7.0