webapp development in pure python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 23:05:33 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Prasad, Ramit
<ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com> wrote:
> You technically can connect to databases from JavaScript. It is a terrible idea, but achievable. Not really sure how it would get "compiled" into JavaScript, so it is possible that is the stumbling block.
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/857670/how-to-connect-to-sql-server-database-from-javascript

Strongly recommend against this. I haven't confirmed, but by the look
of it the code there is IE-only and MS SQL Server only. Also, remote
database access is a major security concern. I would recommend keeping
it all on the server (more efficient that way, too).

ChrisA