Cursor.fetchall

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Mon Nov 28 08:20:44 EST 2011

Jayron Soares wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> I did, however I got this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/jayron/Downloads/grafos.py", line 48, in <module>
>     g, e = ministro_lei()
>   File "/home/jayron/Downloads/grafos.py", line 34, in ministro_lei
>     for i in G.degree():
> TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable
>
> I could not understood what's going on, I've tried so many different
> approaches to solve this problem, but unfortunately no success.
>
> Cheers
>

> 2011/11/28 Felipe Vinturini <felipe.vinturini at gmail.com
> <mailto:felipe.vinturini at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi Jayron,
>
>     Instead of using "Q" to loop over the result, use: "dbcursor".
>
>     resp = dbcursor.fetchall()
>
>     I hope it helps.
>
>     Regards,
>     Felipe.
>
>     On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Jayron Soares
>     <jayronsoares at gmail.com <mailto:jayronsoares at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi guys!
>
>         I'm stuck at a problem, when I run the follow code:
>
>         http://pastebin.com/4Gd9V325
>
>         I get this error:
>
>         Traceback (most recent call last):
>           File "/home/jayron/Downloads/grafos.py", line 49, in <module>
>             g, e = ministro_lei()
>           File "/home/jayron/Downloads/grafos.py", line 24, in
>         ministro_lei
>             resp = Q.fetchall()
>         AttributeError: 'long' object has no attribute 'fetchall'
>
>         Please any help ?
>
>         cheers

Hello,

You are iterating on G.degree(), which is fine when it is a dictionary.
However regarding DiGraph documentation:
"Returns :
nd : dictionary, or number
A dictionary with nodes as keys and degree as values or a number if a
single node is specified."

So you may get an integer and thus cannot iterate on it.

You could use
if type(G.degree()) is int:
    lista.append(G.degree())
else:
    for i in G.degree().values():
       lista.append(i)

I'm quite surprised that a distributed graph API uses such inconsistent
interface. I guess you'll have to live with it.

JM

PS : Try to code & document in English, it's much better especially when
asking for help on this list, mixing spanish and english has few
benefits since you may bother both spanish and english ppl :o)