lxml precaching DTD for document verification.

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Sun Nov 27 16:33:44 EST 2011

In <roy-6F0FD0.15291227112011 at news.panix.com> Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> writes:

> In article <mailman.3078.1322420265.27778.python-list at python.org>,
>  Gelonida N <gelonida at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to verify some (x)html / / html5 / xml documents from a server.

> I'm sure you could roll your own validator with lxml and some DTDs, but
> you would probably save yourself a huge amount of effort by just using
> the validator the W3C provides (http://validator.w3.org/).

With regards to XML, he may mean that he wants to validate that the
document conforms to a specific format, not just that it is generally
valid XML.  I don't think the w3 validator will do that.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears