my new project, is this the right way?

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 27 03:49:14 EST 2011

On Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:29:52 PM UTC+8, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
> On Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:03:26 PM UTC+8, Matt Joiner wrote:
> > Sounds like you want a key-value store. If it's a lot of data, you may
> > still want a "database", I think it's just relational databases that
> > you're trying to avoid?
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:41 AM, 88888 Dihedral
> > <dihe... at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > If I have a fast hash library  that each hash function supports insertion and deletion and can be frozen to be stored into the file system if desired and retrieved lator . Can I use several hashes to replace a database that is slow and expensive?
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> A database with most entries in fixed bytes and types and several  types that can have varied lengths of 8 to 256 bytes. If an entry is larger than 256 bytes, it will be saved as a file but only the file name is saved in my data base.
>
> Each entry is just a type and value stored  in a row of my database.
> I''ll limit the number of entries in a row or so called a recored to some limit first, 1024 first.
>
> Can I do this in 1024 hashes in python ?
Sorry I 'll use (k=column_in_a_row, v=value) and (k=value, v=column_in_a_row)
Thus, two hashes per column in  my database, therefore  2048 hashes to manage the data base. I'll reserve 24 entries per row for book keeping.
Thus the record can have 1000 entries maximum first.
The number of record can be very large.
Each value will be a string with type 1 byte  and the stored value 8 to 255 bytes represented as a string when fetching the value can be auto-transformed
according to the type.  The sort and search will be rewritten for the comparison operator.