What I do and do not know about installing Python on Win 7 with regard to IDLE.

Alexander Kapps alex.kapps at web.de
Fri Nov 25 20:34:19 EST 2011

On 25.11.2011 05:49, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 01:32:08 +0100, Alexander Kapps<alex.kapps at web.de>
>

>> The main difference here is, that Linux makes it easy to seperate
>> administrative accounts from end-user accounts,
>>
> 	So does Win7... Heck -- I have to answer prompts to OK an installer
> even while logged into my admin account!

For Windows, Left-Clicking an OK button to confirm potentionally
dangerous admin tasks is like linking the acceleration pedal in your
car to the brake pedal(If the traffic light shows Red/Stop, push the
acceleration pedal to break)

I mean, seriously, left-clicking an OK button is something *SO*
unusual to Windows users that you could also just remove that
"barrier" altogether.

</sarcasm>

Now, OK, I don't really know any  Windows version after XP, so
things might have changed. But what I see from the casual Win users
in my environment is that nothing has really changed.