Both Python 2.5.2 and 2.7.2 flop the same way under Win 7

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Fri Nov 18 12:57:53 EST 2011

On 11/17/2011 11:35 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 7:03 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
>
>> I have not found any successful way to get to IDLE.
>
> Use the start menu to start IDLE once. Then pin it to your taskbar.
> If you do not have STart/ all programs / Python / IDLE, then your
> installation is bad.
>
> As for the right click problem, you probably have something screwy in
> the registry. The python installer (or uninstaller) will not fix it (my
> experience on my old xp machine). You will have to do so manually.

IDLE is a choice on the Start menu (All Programs). Pressing it does
nothing. I see nothing that suggests it's open.

The IDLE entry is pointing at c:\Python27\ (shortcut)

A post above yours suggests IDLE is a script, and somehow needs a
"boost" to use it. An exe file, apparently.  Beats the heck out of me.