all() is slow?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:50:42 EST 2011

On Nov 10, 11:26 am, Devin Jeanpierre <jeanpierr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really know anything about him or why people respect him, so I
> have no reason to share your faith.

But you're happy to accept the opinions of random posters saying "exec
is evil"? (And it's really not a good idea to be proud of your
ignorance...)

> Like, why can't "--" be a name?

Why would you ever want it to be?

> I don't like the use of exec, and I don't like the justification (it
> seems handwavy).

As opposed to your in-depth critique?

> I pointed this out in a thread full of people saying
> "never EVER use exec this way", so it's obviously not just me that
> thinks this is awful.

No, instead you have a thread full of people happy to criticise
something for which they're providing no alternative implementation.
You can't exactly say _why_ it's bad, other than other people have
echoed it, but you won't actually do anything about it.

> I think somebody will read it and think this is a good idea.

Just as I thought.