Python lesson please

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 8 01:29:46 EST 2011

On Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:53:20 AM Cameron Simpson did opine:

> On 07Nov2011 15:00, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> | >
> | > What program are you using to read the file and support that claim?
> |
> | vim.  But remember, this first one started out as a copy/paste from
> | the firefox-7.0.1 screen.
>
> I don't suppose you had autoident turned on?

I think it is.  I gave up turning it off long ago because it was always on
on the next launch.  Today I've forgotten how to turn it off.  Like hitting
oneself in the head with a hammer, it feels so good when you stop.  :)

> I hate using cu/paste to fetch data; _always_ use a "download" link, or
> use the browser's "save page as" facility.

Which would have saved all the html codes too, this code was being
displayed in a window of the main window.

> But still, if your MD5 checksums now match...

Not on that file, but on the next pull it was, and works now.  And on the
first file, the blink compare disclosed I had some indentation wrong, and
that there was a lowercase b in front of all the opening double quotes used
that I didn't get originally.  I have no clue what this:
	b"hex data" means to python.

> Cheers,

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)