lightweight way to create new projects from templates

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Thu May 12 04:04:58 EDT 2011

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the thoughts. I must confess I had already given up on a 'single file' approach, because I want to make it easy for people to create their own templates, so I have to handle copying a template defined by creating a new directory full of diles. If I'm already handling this case, I thought, I might as well bundle the built-in default templates as a bunch of files.

I'd hope to provide platform binaries to make download and install easy for end-users, regardless of what Python version they already have installed.

Which reminds me, I should make sure the default template works on Python2.x as well as 3.x. Thanks!