BeautifulSoup import error

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu May 5 21:46:30 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM, 1011_wxy <1011_wxy at 163.com> wrote:
> I got a import error when I use Python 3.2 to import BeautifulSoup 3.2.0 .
> Is there any differences between Python 3.2 and other version? This is my
> first time to use Python3.2 .
> And the error message will be as below.

Judging from your tracebacks, it would appear
that BeuituflSoup has not yet been ported to
and/or fixed for Python 3 compatibility.

Maybe there's a later version of BeauitifulSOup
or a development version that does support Python 3?

There are several Syntax differences between
Python 2.x and Python 3.x - notably:

except Exception, e: # Python 2.x

except Exception as e: # Python 3.x

I might suggest you take a look at using lxml instead
which ships with the standard library.

[ ... ]

cheers
James