BeautifulSoup import error

1011_wxy 1011_wxy at 163.com
Thu May 5 21:37:38 EDT 2011

Dear friends:

I got a import error when I use Python 3.2 to import BeautifulSoup 3.2.0 .
Is there any differences between Python 3.2 and other version? This is my first time to use Python3.2 .
And the error message will be as below.

>>> from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
    from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
  File "C:\Python32\BeautifulSoup.py", line 448
    raise AttributeError, "'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (self.__class__.__name__, attr)
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

And the error place point to BeautifulSoup

class NavigableString(unicode, PageElement):
    def __new__(cls, value):
        """Create a new NavigableString.
        When unpickling a NavigableString, this method is called with
        the string in DEFAULT_OUTPUT_ENCODING. That encoding needs to be
        passed in to the superclass's __new__ or the superclass won't know
        how to handle non-ASCII characters.
        """
        if isinstance(value, unicode):
            return unicode.__new__(cls, value)
        return unicode.__new__(cls, value, DEFAULT_OUTPUT_ENCODING)
    def __getnewargs__(self):
        return (NavigableString.__str__(self),)
    def __getattr__(self, attr):
        """text.string gives you text. This is for backwards
        compatibility for Navigable*String, but for CData* it lets you
        get the string without the CData wrapper."""
        if attr == 'string':
            return self
        else:
            raise AttributeError, "'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (self.__class__.__name__, attr)
    def __unicode__(self):
        return str(self).decode(DEFAULT_OUTPUT_ENCODING)
    def __str__(self, encoding=DEFAULT_OUTPUT_ENCODING):
        if encoding:
            return self.encode(encoding)
        else:
            return self