starting a separate thread in maya

Astan Chee astan.chee at gmail.com
Fri May 20 00:21:17 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm using python2.5 in maya 2009 x64 (in linux). I have a script running and
somewhere in the script, I want to start another python script that might
not return and i don't want the main maya python script to wait for it to
finish, even more, after the second script started, I'd like the main script
to continue processing. I've tried using threading and
maya.utils.executeInMainThread and os.popen and os.spawn, none seem to work
this way. Is it not possible to do this in python2.5?
Thanks again for any help.
Cheers