possible to run a python script without installing python?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 15 20:15:00 EDT 2011

On 3/15/2011 4:58 PM, davidj411 wrote:
> it seems that if I copy the python.exe binary and the folders
> associated with it to a server without python, i can run python.
> does anyone know which files are important to copy and which can be
> omitted?

For the 3.2 Windows installation, you should be able to omit Doc,
Lib/test, Lib/turtledemo, and Tools. Three of those are optional
installs anyway. Lib/idlelib could almost certainly go if not running
IDLE from the server (which would be unlikely). If not using tcl/tk,
several files in DLLs, Lib, and libs and the tcl directory can go.

Translate as needed for *nix.

--
Terry Jan Reedy