What do you use with Python for GUI programming and why?

Fred Pacquier xnews2 at fredp.lautre.net
Fri Mar 11 15:54:47 EST 2011

Robert <sigzero at gmail.com> said :

> Is there a push to one toolkit or the other?

If you are just now getting started, I would honestly suggest you save a
whole lot of time and dive straight into PyQt. I've tried most 'em over the
years (including some now discontinued), and in my experience Qt is way
above the rest, especially as far as consistency and productivity are
concerned. The Python bindings are very mature and well maintained, and go
a long way attenuating the evil C++ roots.

I havent tried Nokia's equivalent (PySide). I'm not sure what its fate will
turn out, given the company's change of heart and Microsoft honeymoon. At
least PyQt is't going anywhere soon.

YMMV, of course :)