Problem with Python GUI checklist, Tkinter

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Mar 7 15:58:20 EST 2011

On 3/7/2011 12:49 PM, Mathew Coyle wrote:

> Everything seems to roll along fine, a few tweaks are still needed, but
> an issue I cannot resolve has come up. It seems that the checklist items
> are being selected and added twice to the list, once for a mouse button
> click, and again for a mouse button release. I thought it would be a
> simple tag or bind somewhere, like the Python Tk buttons, to limit the
> selection to the mouse button click only, but I cannot find it anywhere
> in the documentation.

I am just learning also. Many (most) widgets have a 'command' option for
instead of explicit binding. Let tk get the bind right ;-).

There is a tracker issue posted by someone else who had problem with
explicit click binding. He succeeded with 'command = xxx' but failed
with supposedly equivalent explicit binding of 'xxx'. I do not know if
really equivalent or if tk or tkinter have bug.

--
Terry Jan Reedy