Problem with Python GUI checklist, Tkinter

Mathew Coyle Mathew.Coyle at ALPAC.CA
Mon Mar 7 12:49:36 EST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to create a checklist which allows users to select a specific feature of a dataset in a database, and export that feature out of the database to their PC. This is my first GUI attempt, and I don't imagine my issue is too complicated, mostly just my inexperience.

Everything seems to roll along fine, a few tweaks are still needed, but an issue I cannot resolve has come up. It seems that the checklist items are being selected and added twice to the list, once for a mouse button click, and again for a mouse button release. I thought it would be a simple tag or bind somewhere, like the Python Tk buttons, to limit the selection to the mouse button click only, but I cannot find it anywhere in the documentation.

I am using Python 2.6.5, Tk 8.5 and I've attached the code as it stands now.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Mathew Coyle
GIS Analyst
Information Technology
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.