What do I need to know in order to write a web application in python?

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 14:42:16 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 3:49 AM, ErichCart ErichCart <erichcart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Visual Python seems to be exactly what I want. But it doesn't seem
> very popular. Perhaps it means that there are not many people who will
> be able to help if I have problems with it. Also judging by the amount
> of ads at visualpython.org, it also doesn't seem very serious.
>
> I looked into pyGTK, and I found something called "Glade", which seems
> to be something similar to visual python. The latest version of Glade
> was released just this month, so it seems to be actively developed.
>
> Regarding Boa constructor, it is very old, isn't it? The latest news
> from this project date to the end of 2006. I don't expect it to
> support python 3 any time soon.
>
> So, "Glade", is this what everybody uses? I mean programmers don't
> just use text editors to make GUI applications, do they?

Yes, they do. It isn't that bad once you get used to it, and it beats
the snot out of trying to maintain the insensible gibberish that some
of the autogen tools put out.

On a side note, you should check out pygui[0]- very, very nice GUI toolkit.

Geremy Condra

[0]: http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/