What do I need to know in order to write a web application in python?

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 11:15:11 EST 2011

On Mar 5, 6:49 am, ErichCart ErichCart <erichc... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding Boa constructor, it is very old, isn't it? The latest news
> from this project date to the end of 2006. I don't expect it to
> support python 3 any time soon.

The website is incredibly out of date, but the last major update was
July 2007.  So, yes.  Like any snake, it could suddenly rear up and
spring to life with a new version, but there is no way to know when or
if that will happen.  Even wxPython itself doesn't support Python 3
yet, so I'm not sure I'd let that deter you.  It seems like many third
party libraries haven't updated to Python 3 yet and may not for some
time to come.

All this said, one can build a toy GUI application using Boa, Python
2.5 or 2.6 and wxPython 2.8.x.x. in 5 minutes if you know what you're
doing.  And you can build a larger and real application that way, too.