Keyboard Layout: Dvorak vs Colemak: is it Worthwhile to Improve the Dvorak Layout?

Xah Lee xahlee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:26:58 EDT 2011

On Jun 13, 6:19 am, Steven D'Aprano 〔steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info〕 wrote:

│ I don't know if there are any studies that indicate how much of a
│ programmer's work is actual mechanical typing but I'd be surprised
if it
│ were as much as 20% of the work day. The rest of the time being
thinking,
│ planning, debugging, communicating with customers or managers,
reading
│ documentation, testing, committing code, sketching data schemas on
the
│ whiteboard ... to say nothing of the dreaded strategy meetings.

you can find the study on my site. URL in the first post of this
thread.

 Xah