Multiprocessing.connection magic

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 04:26:47 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Thomas Rachel
<nutznetz-0c1b6768-bfa9-48d5-a470-7603bd3aa915 at spamschutz.glglgl.de>
wrote:
> Am 03.06.2011 08:28 schrieb Claudiu Popa:
>>
>> Hello guys,
>>       While  working  at a dispatcher using
>>   multiprocessing.connection.Listener  module  I've stumbled upon some
>>   sort    of  magic  trick  that  amazed  me. How is this possible and
>>   what  does  multiprocessing  library doing in background for this to
>>   work?
>
> As Chris already said, it probably uses pickle. Doing so, you should be
> aware that unpickling strings can execute arbitrary code. So be very careful
> if you use something like that...

Nice piece of safe ambiguity there - two people said that, both named Chris!

Just how many Chrises are there on this list? I have a pet theory that
there's a greater-than-usual correlation between geeks and the name
"Chris", and the Python list has provided a number of supporting
instances.

Chris Angelico