Lisp refactoring puzzle

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 13 05:46:32 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 05:34:23 AM Terry Reedy did opine:

> On 7/12/2011 2:23 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > Now, I hate to mention it Terry, but your clock seems to be about 126
> > months behind the rest of the world.
>
> Please do not hate to be helpful. It was a bad malfunction perhaps due
> to a run-down battery on a machine turned off for two weeks. I will keep
> watch to see if it happens again overnight.
>
> > Does your system not run ntpd by default?
>
> Is that *nix or Windows?

That's a *nix name.  I have no clue what winderz might call it as I've only
ever had one winderz machine here.  My laptop had a copy of XP on it when I
bought it years ago, shrunk it to 10Gb and let it live for about 6 months,
but its had several fedora's, 2 different MDV installs, and now PCLos on it
after discovering the windows bcm4318 driver was a bigger POS than the
current linux driver.  Everything else here is either 25 years old &
running nitros9, or some flavor of *buntu LTS.  IOW, all my windows are
glass.  ;-)

> My XP system only checks the net time
> automatically once a week and refused to update at first on request
> because the dates did not match. Typically windows stupidity. If I click
> 'Update from internet', it should believe that I really mean it.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Swap read error.  You lose your mind.