Lisp refactoring puzzle

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jul 13 00:39:10 EDT 2011

On 7/12/2011 2:23 PM, gene heskett wrote:

> Now, I hate to mention it Terry, but your clock seems to be about 126
> months behind the rest of the world.

Please do not hate to be helpful. It was a bad malfunction perhaps due
to a run-down battery on a machine turned off for two weeks. I will keep
watch to see if it happens again overnight.

> Does your system not run ntpd by default?

Is that *nix or Windows? My XP system only checks the net time
automatically once a week and refused to update at first on request
because the dates did not match. Typically windows stupidity. If I click
'Update from internet', it should believe that I really mean it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy