Wgy isn't there a good RAD Gui tool fo python

Dave Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Mon Jul 11 19:33:46 EDT 2011

On 2011-07-10, Ivan Kljaic <ikljaic at gmail.com> wrote:
> a lot of times. But seriously. Why is the not even one single RAD tool
> for Python. I mean what happened to boa constructor that it stopped
> developing. I simply do not see any reasons why there isn't anything.

I prefer spec-generators (almost all generate XML these days) like
QtDesigner to code-generators like Boa. I've only seen one good
argument for code generation, and that's to generate code for a layout
to "see how it's done".  But code could always be generated
automatically from a spec.

I already have an editor I like, I don't see the need to tie GUI
layout to a code editor.  If you want something with more
sophisticated Python specific features, there's PyDev.

Dave Cook