CI and BDD with Python

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 22:05:25 EDT 2011

On Jul 8, 9:36 pm, Stefan Behnel <stefan... at behnel.de> wrote:
> mark curphey, 09.07.2011 01:41:
>
> > And for CI having been using Hudson for a while, any real advantages in a Python / Django world for adopting something native like Trac and one of the CI plugins like Bitten?

I'm kind'a partial to Morelia for BDD.

Don't be fooled by Ruby's RSpec - it's _not_ "BDD". In my exalted
opinion. "BDD" means "your customer gives you requirements as
sentences, and you make them into executable statements." That's what
Cucumber does, which Morelia learns from.

And BDD and CI are orthogonal. BDD should be part of a complete TDD
test suite, and your CI tool should run that.

I still like CruiseControl.rb - even though it has bugs when it sees
too many git integrations. Hudson had way too many features, and CCrb
mildly presumes you know how to operate its .cruise/projects folder
manually!