CI and BDD with Python

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Jul 9 00:36:36 EDT 2011

mark curphey, 09.07.2011 01:41:
> And for CI having been using Hudson for a while, any real advantages in a Python / Django world for adopting something native like Trac and one of the CI plugins like Bitten?

I warmly recommend Jenkins (i.e. Hudson) for anything CI. It gives you tons
of plugins and configuration options together with full information
awareness about your build status and dependencies through a nice web
interface.

The only reason to go native here is that it may become simpler to set up
Python build and test jobs. But given that it's usually just a couple of
shell commands that you write once, you'd miss more from the interface than
what you gain from a quicker job setup.

Stefan