WxPython versus Tkinter.

Bryan bryan.oakley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:52:22 EST 2011

On Jan 28, 8:18 am, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 12:13 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:
>
> > Seriously. Octavian's attitude in this thread makes me want to go use
> > Tkinter just to spite him. And I'm net-buds with Tyler, and I'm working
> > on a project that I thought accessibility for the blind was very
> > important for. But no more!
>
> Well Stephen that would mean you would have to actually *learn* to use
> Tkinter, and from your own admission (not very long ago!) you don't
> know anything about Tkinter. Remember our Tk-Wx geometry challenge?
> Nice try! ;-)

Do you have a link to this challenge? I assume it's a different one
than the challenge that started this thread since the one that started
this thread had nothing to do with geometry.

> Everyone on this list knows that Kevin and myself are the *only*
> people who know how to wield Tkinter past some simple utility GUI's.

I beg your pardon. Neither statement is true. There are more experts
than you realize, and "this list" knows there are more experts than
you and Kevin. There's a possible third misconception in your
statement that's not worth discussing at this point.