WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:09:01 EST 2011

From: "Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com>
> On 1/26/2011 11:02 PM Octavian Rasnita said...
>
>> As we all know, Python doesn't care too much about maintaining a
>> backward compatibility
>
> Where'd you get this idea?  Between v2 and v3 yes, that was the intent.

To be sincere I was thinking to the differences between Python 2 and 3.

>  But otherwise, I think there's another miscommunication behind this...

It might be true, however I have seen some modules that say that are ment for Python 2.5, for 2.6 or for 2.7, so there seem to be differences between these versions also.

py2exe offers the following installation kits, depending on the Python version. If you know, please tell me why there are different packages for different versions of Python?

py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.5.exe
py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.4.exe
py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.3.exe
py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.6.exe