WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:12:18 EST 2011

From: "Alexander Kapps" <alex.kapps at web.de>
> Please don't use the lower Linux user percentage as an argument here. If
> you follow that path further, you would need to agree that it's only an
> "insignificant" percent of people who need a screen reader, so why bother?

I didn't say that the Linux users or Mac users are not important. MFC or
standard Win32 GUI is better accessible than wxWIDGETS but I considered that
wxWIDGETS should be prefered (and not only Win32 controls) because it is
*portable*, exactly because it also work on other platforms than Windows.
But this doesn't mean that giving the most used screen reader as an example
for testing the inaccessibility of Tk is not something that should be done
(especially that Tk-based GUIS are inaccessible for other screen readers
also.)

Octavian