WxPython versus Tkinter.

Alexander Kapps alex.kapps at web.de
Wed Jan 26 14:16:49 EST 2011

On 26.01.2011 18:04, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> From: "Littlefield, Tyler"<tyler at tysdomain.com>
>>> with JAWS because it is the most used screen reader.
>> Get off your me soapbox. Jaws is not the most used. NVDA is taking over,
>> quite fast, and lots of people have totally switched to mac or Vinux
>
> Lots of people means an insignifiant percent of users compared with the percent of Windows users.

Please don't use the lower Linux user percentage as an argument
here. If you follow that path further, you would need to agree that
it's only an "insignificant" percent of people who need a screen
reader, so why bother?

Note carefully: I am *not* saying that one shouldn't bother about
the "minority" of people who need accessibility, just that you can't
use an argument that ignores another minority (Linux user) if you
fight for your minority (and no, Linux isn't anymore a "freak-os".
Several countries (getting more) have started to migrate
governmental IT infrastructures to Linux, so if you mean it serious,
you just need to care for their, possibly impaired, workers too.)

(Also please don't weigh my words to strong; I'm no native english
speaker and my wording might be clumsy. Try to understand what I
really wanted to say or ask back.)