WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:26:18 EST 2011

From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com>
> >I don't know why you didn't say this before.
> Comprehention, Octavian. I've made that point multiple times, but your
> to stuck on talking about how selfish people are.

You didn't say that WxPython can't be used with Python 3. Have you said that?

> >The other part of the discussion is related to the accessibility and
> care for >accessibility and that discussion is not nice at all, because
> it shows how
> >selfish are most of the people and they consider this a virtue.
> Selfish? We've had multiple people get interested,

I am not interested if the people are getting interested. I am interested to have a solution right now, and at least for Python 2, a solution is already available.

> and I've had a couple
> of messages off-list about the accessibility, (probably so they wouldn't
> have to deal with you). We've even had one person ask for a list of
> screen readers, (and I note you only gave him the one you use for the OS

For the majority of blind users it is less relevant if a GUI is accessible under Linux or Mac. I gave that example because a GUI should be first accessible with JAWS because it is the most used screen reader.

Octavian