WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:43:43 EST 2011

From: "Bob Martin" <bob.martin at excite.com>
>>Do non-US-based developers focus a lot on accessibility too, since
>>that's what really started this whole sub-thread?
>
> I don't think so; it was never a requirement for the software I wrote,
> though I know I had some blind users.  But NLS was a must and it has
> to be designed in from the start - very difficult to add it later.

:-)
Remembering about MSAA (MS Active Accessibility), what you said makes me think to "Active Discrimination".

It seems that for comercial reasons those who need to use a screen reader are discriminated because it is not profitable to make the effort to make an accessible program.
This is a valid problem and the companies can't and shouldn't be forced to offer accessibility if this causes them financial damages.
That's why the prefered solutions for creating a GUI should be one which is relatively accessible out of the box, because in that case the programmers don't even need to think to accessibility, but it is offered.

Octavian