WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:19:20 EST 2011

From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com>
> And we already do. I haven't campaigned for changes with TKInter or spoken
> to anyone about them, because I haven't downloaded a program to find out
> it was
> written to use  TKInter, and thus unacccessible. I'm not saying that there
> aren't any, just saying it's not something I have had problems with
> mainstream
> to need to make things accessible. If I want a program that's not
> accessible, chances are I can make it accessible, or I can find a program
> that does just
> as much, or better yet, I can ask the developer to work with me on it.
> While quoting ADA at people might provide for some education, eventually
> people
> are going to get tired of it and I've done nothing useful at the end of
> the day. There -is- a point when it's useful, but I suppose it comes down
> to who
> you are. If you want to sit around and say "TKInter == horrible and bad
> and evil and cruel because it doesn't work with my reader," over and over,
> so be
> it. If you want to scream and yell and start quoting laws at people who
> just may not know that there are people with screen readers out there
> (I've explained
> some of this to many different people many times, in terms of what a
> reader is), then that's your loss, because they more than likely are not
> going to
> care to work with you.

Wow! I, I, I, I... is there a sentence that doesn't talk about your self
interests?
When I informed the Python community about Tkinter's problems and why it
shouldn't be promoted I didn't do it only for my selfish interests, because
for my private use I can create the programs as I want, so if I don't like
WxPython I don't use WxPython, and if I don't like Tkinter I don't use
Tkinter so it is not a problem if Python promotes a bad GUI from this
perspective.

You haven't downloaded any inaccessible program made with Tkinter, you
didn't have any problems, You can create an accessible program if you can't
find an accessible one, you care only to please the other for working with
you and so on.
But don't you care about the millions of blind people like you which are not
programmers?
Don't you care that most programmers don't know about accessibility and they
just don't create accessible programs not because they don't want, but
because they don't know about this thing?
Retorical question... It is obviously that you don't care.

Ok, you don't care. There are very many like you. But do you think that this
is the right atitude? To not care about the others at all but only about
your selfish interests because the alternative is a loss of time?

Can't you see that this isn't normal? Can't you see that some people don't
even believe you that you are blind but you still promote the non-accessible
programs?
But there could be an explanation for this too. You might look great in your
gang if the other blind people you know are not able to use some programs
but you are able to create your own which are accessible. You will appear
really special.

Octavian