WxPython versus Tkinter.

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Mon Jan 24 22:28:55 EST 2011

 >I think you are lying about being blind. And if you are, i am disgusted.
By golly, you caught me in the act! shhh, don't tell everyone; it's all
an elaborate front. The braille, the screen reader, the cane... I just
like to
fake it.

block quote
Well if i were a blind person i would use the most accessible
GUI>available.
block quote end

And we already do. I haven't campaigned for changes with TKInter or
spoken to anyone about them, because I haven't downloaded a program to
find out it was
written to use  TKInter, and thus unacccessible. I'm not saying that
there aren't any, just saying it's not something I have had problems
with mainstream
to need to make things accessible. If I want a program that's not
accessible, chances are I can make it accessible, or I can find a
program that does just
as much, or better yet, I can ask the developer to work with me on it.
While quoting ADA at people might provide for some education, eventually
people
are going to get tired of it and I've done nothing useful at the end of
the day. There -is- a point when it's useful, but I suppose it comes
down to who
you are. If you want to sit around and say "TKInter == horrible and bad
and evil and cruel because it doesn't work with my reader," over and
over, so be
it. If you want to scream and yell and start quoting laws at people who
just may not know that there are people with screen readers out there
(I've explained
some of this to many different people many times, in terms of what a
reader is), then that's your loss, because they more than likely are not
going to
care to work with you.

--

Thanks,