WxPython versus Tkinter.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:00:10 EST 2011

From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com>
> >Because of this, many blind people try to show that they are like the
> sighted, that they can do everything, that they are >independent, so they
> like to
> >talk about the movies they watch, they like to have touch-pad mobile
> phones and so on, even though the accessibility of >those gadgets is
> really low.
> While I am getting off topic here, I just had to comment...
> Yes, I do talk about "watching" tv. Not having working eyeballs doesn't
> limit me from using a word that people with common sense can just equate
> to listening to tv. And neither does not having working eyeballs limit me
> from -listening- to tv, which is what I and other blind people that want
> to "watch" tv do. And guess what? I can use a phone with a touch screen.
> It's called an IPhone, and it's got a screen reader built in. Nifty, huh?
> It just helps me in my goal to be just like sighted people, blame Apple
> for making a touch screen accessible.

>From your messages I was sure that you are one of those guys. :-)
But can you imagine that not everyone is 20 years old and not everyone is
passionate about "cool" gadgets and not everyone is motivated to test as
much things as possible and look cool in their gang?
Try to care more about the others and not only about yourself just because
that way is more easy and effective.

> I say this all because I want to make a point. I don't expect the world to
> revolve around what is and isn't accessible.

Nobody cares about what you expect, because it seems that you are interested
only in what helps you immediately as easy as possible.
Nobody should think about what is accessible or not accessible because
ideally, everything should be designed to be accessible to everyone or at
least to as many people as possible.

> While laws do exist, if I ran around quoting the ADA (Americans with
> Disabilities Act) at everyone who didn't make things accessible (whether
> on the computer, at school, at a store), I'd just be wasting time.

Oh, and you care more about your insignifiant time than the potential to
promote the accessibility for millions of users worldwide?
I don't blame you because everyone is a little selfish, some more and some
less, but at least don't try to demonstrate that the selfish atitude is the
one that should be folowed because it is more efective on the short term and
more simple.

> Rather I like to blend in, be independant and adapt things. Now, since i
> am a programmer this means that I am able to do a lot more in the form of
> adaptation on the computer, and this is my goal;

This is a selfish atitude again. As I already said, any blind programmer can
choose the right language and/or GUI lib to make an accessible app so he/she
will be very happy, but what about the rest of the people?
Do you think that the discrimination is something normal?

> So, call me a Nazi or whatever, that's just how I feel.

Ok, nazi is just another political party and there are very many people like
you, so this is not a problem.
But don't try to convince the others that the nazist opinions are those that
should be promoted.

Octavian