WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:33:32 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 1:23 pm, Bryan <bryan.oak... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, great. You've identified one programmer who thinks about
> internationalization. Not much of a compelling argument there.

Oh Bryan your view so simplistic. There is a whole world out there you
know.

> However, I think you missed my point. My point wasn't that people like
> Guido don't think of these topics. It's that the people in the
> trenches who use these tools don't think about these topics. How many
> of your co-workers actively think about internationalization and
> accessibility?

No, you've missed the point AGAIN!

It doesn't matter what the developers "think" about accessibility. It
matters what they "DO" about it. Most people in YOUR organization
don't consider accessibility because accessibility does not concern
them . Just like people who dump toxic chemicals into your drinking
water don't concern themselves when you get cancer. They don't care
because they are unaffected. SELFISHNESS is the key word here!

These people have 20/20 vision, perfect hearing, and all their
extremities still attached. Sadly however they lack a brain that can
comprehend even the most basic form of compassion for those who don't
have these luxuries! If ANY of these selfish idiots was in a car
accident and lost an arm and both eyes, i'd bet a million dollars that
the next time they sit down to use a computer they will realize just
how important accessibility is. I would bet that accessibility would
become a major buzz word around your office then!

>  I'm guessing none, but maybe you're lucking and work in
> a particularly enlightened team. I've perhaps worked closely with a
> few hundred programmers in my career, and very few of them thought of
> these subjects. In my experience it's just not something the
> programmer in the trenches thinks about. That is the point I was
> trying to make.

Yes and you made your selfishness quite clear! Be careful my friend,
because as Tyler found out, this mindset becomes a slippery slope
*very* quickly!