WxPython versus Tkinter.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:17:01 EST 2011

On Jan 24, 7:32 am, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
> rantingrick wrote:
> > I am demanding that from now on, you
> > must have at least a 120 or higher IQ before participating in any of
> > my threads.
>
> You mean, you are putting yourself in your own killfile ;)

:)

Actually i never use the killfile and never will. The main reason is
because i believe in the old adage: "Keep friends close and enemies
closer". But i don't have any enemies here (as far as i am concerned).

However the real reason i will not use the killfile is because i
believe that people can change. Even very wise people are not immune
to bad decisions. Case in point: My initial disgust with Ruby was
completely unfounded. Ruby has a lot to offer the programming world
and while it is not my preferred language, we as Python programmers
can learn much from Ruby and likewise Ruby can learn from us. I was
being a closed minded idiot at the time. I have since evolved.

In any event the killfile only serves as instant gratification for the
selfish "one dimensional" folks among us. If you are so fearful of
someone's words that you must hide your eyes from them then you lack
basic self control. And in the end, the only thing you kill is your
own humanity. :(