Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Thu Jan 20 13:55:14 EST 2011

On Jan 20, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Nick Stinemates wrote:

> > So you're going to lead the "peasants" (your word) whether they like it
> > or not, and any who don't want to follow are clearly being selfish and
> > ignorant?
>
> If you could read Bill's words and not find them to be overly selfish
> and ignorant then i don't know what to say. He clearly stated many
> times that he NEVER used Tkinter. However somehow we are to believe
> that he has some "magical" insight on the merits (or lack there of) of
> Tkinter? This IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF IGNORANCE MRAB. Ignorance is
> defined as the lack of knowledge. Bill has presented just that.
>
> No, he's refuting your point that newbies are somehow paralyzed and cannot make a decision about which toolkit they would like to use.

Precisely.  I neither said nor intended the nonsense that somehow rr reads into my post.  Geez, he can't even count -- I believe I said once that I haven't used Tkinter.  But even twice or thrice would not warrant 'many times'...
Well, he does appear to be an output only device, who still hasn't output the canonical 'best' GUI toolset...
My point was not that Tkinter obviates all other gui toolkits, only that it doesn't need to be ripped out of the standard distro because it is not the cause of the heinous results that rr fears and never hesitates to impute to it.

cheers,
Bill