Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:56:47 EST 2011

On Jan 19, 9:22 pm, geremy condra <debat... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Welcome to real life. You convince people that you're right or they
> don't do what you say.

Again you "think" (or miscomprehended rather!) that "somehow" i am
here to "make" you do anything. On the contrary Geremy, i am here to
"guide", to "foster", and to "build" a cohesive community of python
programmers united in a common goal WITH a clear vision for the
future.

> >> and second because I don't think
> >> that resistance on this issue is as mindless as you claim.
>
> > i have exposed the baseless, nonsensical, and argumentative stance
> > taken by some in an effort to sway public opinion with FUD and BS. So
> > i would say that arguing with baseless facts does constitute "rabid
> > resistance". What else could it be?
>
> Reasoned resistance seen through the eyes of someone whose judgement
> should not be trusted.

Why is my judgment in question here. As you claim i have no authority
within in this group, so why does my judgment scare you?

> > But together, they
> > are a force to reckoned with. Well, unless the driver is Asian -- then
> > all bets are off! :-)
>
> Hahaha, racism was so funny in the 1700's! Now it's just asinine.

Actually the joke is on you Geremy. Obviously you cannot tell the
difference between "stereotypes" and "racism". And there is a HUGE,
HUGE, difference! Asians are stereotypical bad drivers, just as white
guys are stereotypical bad dancers, just as black guys have
stereotypical huge cucumbers. The fact that you cannot distinguish
racism from stereotype exposes three things about your personality
(1.) You have no sense of humor and cannot laugh at yourself, (2.)
You'll jump on any bandwagon just to discredit the person you are
debating with outlandish and controversial accusations, and (3.) you
are extremely shallow. This shows lack of intelligence, humor, and
worse of all humility.

Anyhow, do you have any actual arguments or ideas on keeping Tkinter
or replacing Tkinter. Remember that is why we are here Geremy.